Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Monday, January 5, 2015

Pulling Together the Boho Look for the Gypsy Room

Yesterday, I attended my favorite monthly estate sale and was looking for some specific things...elements for my Gypsy Room.  I already have lots of things to use, but I still needed more, and I had some pretty good luck at the sale.  Here's a shot of the things I brought home, just out of the car.



As a reminder, this is the inspiration for the room, the bedding.


And, here is the painting that I just finished, that will also go in the room.


Now, some close-up shots of my most recent treasures...

Mercury glass cabinet knobs, metal "ribbon" trim, frosted glass votive
cup and silver plated julep cup.

Metal trim...I don't yet know how I'll use it, but it
should work somewhere.  I just liked it!


I LOVE this book, and it's Boho looking...the
pennies and moon are foil.  It's perfect for my
room!

Ornate gold frame with a green and silver fringe scarf...

Mercury glass lidded container candle that I found on
clearance in the Christmas section of Pier 1.


Wood framed mirror detail...it's just prett and I think it's perfect for the
Boho Gypsy style room.  It needs a touch of wood that's not painted.

So, what do you think?  I feel the Gypsy look is coming along nicely.  I still have another piece of artwork to complete and some cleaning and tweaking on the newest pieces, so it'll be a week or so before I actually start putting it all together.  I'll take you along when I start that process.  

Judy

Shared with:


If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!




10 comments:

  1. I have been looking for one of those Silver Pennies books for a long time. There is a blog called Finding Silver Pennies, check it out. Great finds. Happy 2015.
    Malinda in MS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Malinda! Thanks for stopping by! I had never heard of the Silver Pennies book before- just spotted it at the sale and thought it was neat. When I grow tired of my vintage things, I usually list them on my shop at Etsy, JujuQueen. If you "do" Etsy shops, follow mine, and maybe you can snatch it up if I list it! This one has a stamp in the front that tells me it came from a school library in New York. I'm going to check out Finding Silver Pennies now...Thanks!
      Judy

      Delete
  2. Liking where this is headed. Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail. I hope you come back for the reveal! I'm doing so many different projects at the moment that I'm not exactly sure when that will be, but probably in a couple of weeks. If you would like to follow along, you can sign up for notifications via e-mail. See my note on the right sidebar. Thanks for reading and leaving the nice comment!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it fun collecting up the things needed for a project? You have found some great finds, those frames and mirror are fantastic I would of snapped up the Silver Pennies book myself. Your Gypsy Wagon painting is wonderful. Popped over from Coastal Charm ~ Mickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you found me through Coastal Charm. I love Linda and her blog! And, yes, I am having so much fun collecting the things for this room...it's easy to find things for this look. Thanks for reading and for the sweet comment. I hope you come back again soon!

      Delete
  4. Your painting is fabulous and will be a perfect addition to your new room. Love all your finds especially the mercury glass knobs and the metal trim. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you, Betsy! I appreciate the kind words. I'm working on one more piece of art for the room and then I should be able to pull it all together. Can't wait to finish the room!

      Delete
  5. Oh yeah, definitely starting to get that boho vibe!!
    Big question though... Monthly Estate sale!? I didn't know they could be scheduled like that. I'd love to know more. We can talk! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hope!
      I would love to introduce you to my monthly estate sale, but you'll have to promise not to go after the things I want! Just kidding...there's enough there for all of us! E-mail me and I'll give you details.
      judypimperl@yahoo.com

      Delete