Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Friday, January 16, 2015

Presenting...



I am happy to report that I finished yet another silver piece!!!  Well, it was almost finished when I shared it last week.  Link here, if you missed it.  I really just needed to clean off firescale, install the petrified palm wood into the bezel, push and burnish the bezel, and then polish it off to a nice shine.  It did take a couple of hours more to finish.  I'm pleased to be able to show it off because I think this is my most favorite piece yet...


  1. Firescale, also known as firestain, is a red or purple stain that appears on mixtures of silver and copper, such as sterling silver. At high temperatures, oxygen mixes with the copper to form cuprous oxide and then cupric oxide.

Oh, some changes that you probably noticed...I decided the one strand of beads wasn't enough for that big chunky pendant, so I added two more strands.  I think it looks much better this way.  And, the pendant can be hooked over just one strand, like I've shown in the pic below, or all three.


And, I made some simple pearl earrings to go with the necklace.





Details...




Now I need to think about what I want to make next...Hmmm.  The possibilities are endless!

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment.  I love to connect with my readers!

Shared with:



Judy



8 comments:

  1. Judy, that's just BEAUTIFUL!! Wow! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie Anne! I appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. This is a stunning piece of jewelry you made! What a lovely accomplishment.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Alice! I appreciate that.

      Delete
  4. What a stunning set Judy-love it all and I love that the earnings are simple yet elegant so you really notice the beautiful necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I always try to keep one or the other simple...don't want to wear too much of a good thing! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete