Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Friday, January 23, 2015

Fab Fashion Friday- Camel Tan, Olive Green & White

Hi ladies!  It's Friday again, and I've got a special collection to share with you today.  I am in love with this color story - Camel Tan and Olive Green with white.  





I was inspired by this great architectural drawing and that stirred my creativity.  I imagined what the windows would have looked like and then I found this long tunic top that looked like a stained glass window!  It had these great pops of green, so that pointed me in a color story direction. I added soft leather pants -  Yes, ladies over fifty can wear leather pants. Just make sure they are a flattering cut with a good fit and you will look fantastic!  For the second look, I chose a white top with long sleeves that comes down long enough to cover the seat of the pants and has an interesting little ruffle detail. Either one of these would be appropriate for a professional environment for you ladies who are still out there bringing home the bacon.  Leather pants are tricky - they need to have a tailored look (which these do) to be appropriate for the office.

About the accessories - On the white top, you could choose to go with a great statement necklace or statement earrings, but not both.  You want to be careful that you're not wearing too much of a good thing!  If you wear the statement necklace, go with simple earrings; if you wear the statement earrings, then you should go with a simple necklace.  The earrings shown can be worn interchangeably with either outfit.  I chose shoes that would work with both looks, and finished off the ensembles with a green MK leather bag.  

As I said in the first Fab Fashion Friday, I do realize that some of these items are very expensive.  Keep in mind that they are examples...many knockoffs and substitutions can be found wherever you shop.  Look at the styles, cuts and color stories and shop for similar pieces.  I personally love to shop TJ Maxx and Marshalls.  Another favorite was Stein Mart, but our local store recently closed, and I really miss it.  Look for stores that carry high end brands at discounted prices.  Or, if you want to shop online, find the piece that you like and search ("Google" it!) that piece to find the best price.

Follow this link to see details of each piece in the collection. Camel Tan, Olive Green & White

I enjoyed pulling this look together today and I hope you've found it inspiring.  I'll see you again next week with another fun look, but until then, I hope you have a great weekend!





10 comments:

  1. I need you to go shopping for me! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! Just found your blog. I love these color choices too. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie. I'm so glad you found me and I'm happy to have you join us! Hope you will follow along...I've just finished my fashion collection for next Friday- a comfortable, cozy look for winter that incorporates cable knits. Can't wait to share it! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Very creative, Judy. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these outfits. Thanks for the outfit. I'm going to try to make it happen in my closet.

    Shannon from BohemianJunktion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon! Thanks for dropping by and I'm glad you were inspired by the outfits! I've got a fun one planned for next week. I try to always plan a week ahead and then it's hard not to go ahead and share it...I get so excited. lol Love your blog, by the way.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete