Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show at Pimperl Place

I have experienced an extremely busy last two weeks, and I'm just now getting a minute to sit down and look at the pics in my camera that are now hanging out waiting to be edited...The last few posts were written several weeks ago and set to publish on future dates so that you wouldn't think I had dropped off the face of the earth.  But before I go write about all of the recent happenings that I want to share, I have to talk about that Victoria's Secret Fashion Show that aired last night on tv.  

I have never actually watched a Victoria's Secret Fashion Show...just not my kind of tv viewing.  But last night there was not much else to watch, and hubby and I were trying to sit for a little bit and rest our bones, so we wanted to watch something...I flipped the channel over to the fashion show because they were advertising that Taylor Swift was going to perform.  I was curious to know if she would be dressed in underwear as she performed, or would she be decently dressed and still someone that mothers would let their children watch.  So, here we are...two old people watching The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show on Tuesday night.

Immediately from the start, I was admiring those fantastic, amazing wings!  Now, I want some wings...I wonder where they go after the fashion show...Santa, are you listening or reading my blog? I've been a very good girl and I would LOVE a set of those wings!  I'm not picky about which ones...any pair will do.  I would be forever appreciative....

I can't even tell you anything about the underwear, which is supposed to be the point of the show, I would guess...maybe hubby noticed that.  Talking about this sounds like people that like to eat at Hooter's...you know how they always talk about the "wings" that are so good...like they haven't noticed anything else?

Well, somewhere during the show, as I was going on and on about those wings, hubby said, "Now, when I come home tomorrow, I want you to be wearing some wings like that."  Then, a few minutes later, I remembered these Christmas decorations in the kitchen...


Yes, I did.  I sneaked over to the kitchen and took those wings off and hung them around my neck.  Then, I pranced (or strutted or whatever you call that walk that the models do) over to the living room in front of hubby.  He died laughing and the cat tried to jump out of his lap.  It scared the cat to death!  We both got a good laugh out of it.  I should probably tell you right here that I had my clothes on...I don't want any mental images happening out there that cause permanent injuries to your brains! 

It's moments like this that I'm glad we're old and crazy, and I get to spend them with my best friend, my hubby.

Did you watch The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show?  If so, what did you  think?  Oh, and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised that Taylor Swift did a beautiful job and was decently dressed.  Actually, beautifully dressed.

Incidentally, if you love my little wings, I will be blogging within a few days about the great shop where I purchased them, Goodness Gracious.  This magical shop is located in Laurel, Mississippi, and I can hardly wait to share it with you!  In the meantime, if you're in the market for wings, go to Laurel and check them out.  Here's a link to their facebook page. Goodness Gracious on facebook  She was getting low on wings when I was there over the weekend, but if you want some and don't want to drive...maybe call and see if she can ship.

Hope you're having a great Wednesday!

Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!


4 comments:

  1. I cracked up at your Hooter's and wings joke! So funny! I have two teenaged boys in the house, so no Victoria's Secret here. I'm glad Taylor Swift was classy. I like that girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I guess you wouldn't want that on in your house...I wouldn't have had it on here if our son had been home. And, I was glad to see Taylor Swift keeping it classy, too. I'm glad you got a laugh out of the post!

      Delete
  2. Cute blog post. We did not watch. It came up. My hubs said he was not interested and I laughed. I said, not my kinda TV. Those girls don't eat. We both laughed. I like to eat. And thankfully he likes girls that eat. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! You are absolutely right about those skinny girls...I hope they ate something as soon as they show was over! Thanks for reading the blog and taking the time to comment...I appreciate it!

      Delete