Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Friday, December 19, 2014

Pretty Bows and a Sneak Peek

I finally got to the fabric store for some pretty ribbons.  I posted a few weeks back on the proper way to wrap a gift, and then that post sort of fell all apart when I didn't have pretty ribbons!  I have never loved the look of designated Christmas ribbon from the wrapping section of the stores; have always preferred the more lavish look of fabric bows on packages.  Here are a couple of samples...

These boxes were wrapped with Kraft paper.  The first one has a band of pretty, patterned scrapbooking paper (colors go with my theme.. link to my 2014 Christmas Pinterest board, click here) taped around it, and then I wrapped the blue satin ribbon* around the opposite way.  

*It helps you in making pretty bows if you use wired ribbon.


I kept this one simple and just tied a one-loop "bow" in teal moire' ribbon.  I also like to cut the ends on an angle or ...


...notched, like a bird's tail.




Well, my ribbons are all tied up now, so I guess I'm ready to do some baking...Are you all finished with your gift-wrapping yet?  I did, at least, get mine wrapped this year as they were purchased, even though I had to wait for good ribbons until the last minute!

I'm working on a post about a really special new business that just opened nearby.  Here's a sneak peak, because the pic is pretty in this post (smile), it matches my Christmas decor color scheme (hmmm, maybe I should have bought it!) and it's GORGEOUS!


Well, that baking is not going to bake itself, so I'm going to go try to get it started...See you in a couple of days!
Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

2 comments:

  1. I like that color scheme! I adore anything other than the typical red and green colors for the holiday season. I like to use kraft paper for wrapping and I also save the Sunday comics for wrapping gifts as well. Pretty vase!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you, Lorraine!
      I used to use comics for birthday gifts for the kids...I had forgotten that. Thanks for the reminder!
      More about the vase when I post about that great new place...we actually visited her again this morning for more Christmas gifts!

      Delete