Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas & Some Time Off

Hello friends!  I hope you're enjoying the Christmas season and have your cookies all baked and ready for the big guy in the red suit.  I think I'm as ready as I'm gonna be for the festivities at this point, so I'm going to give myself a gift of a few days off now.  


I was supposed to go to Mobile today to do some silversmithing, but the weather is frightful and I'm sure holiday traffic is horrific (hail was falling in Mobile this morning!) and since I don't want car damage or worse, I decided I would stay home and paint...Instead of painting in the studio, I thought it would be fun to paint in the dining area near the holiday cookies and candy!  I've got a hot cup of coffee, candles lit for Christmasy scents and ambiance, and inspiration to paint something that I've been eager to paint...I'll share it in January.

I had planned to share the new antiques store that I told you about last week...That will come in a few days as well, after I take a couple of days for myself to recharge my batteries. 

I hope you all have the best Christmas ever and as you enjoy your festivities, remember the reason for the season.  


Source:  Paperpanache


I'll see you in January!

Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your painting space! Isn't this crazy weather? Hail, rain, and now I've had to turn on the AC because of the heat. Cold will be here overnight, thank goodness!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually paint upstairs in the studio, but today those goodies in the kitchen were calling my name! It did feel good to stay in today with the crazy weather...I think tomorrow is supposed to be better weather, and yes, cooler, so at least it will feel sort of like Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Well Judy, you just have the coolest house!! Is that a loft? Oh and those lime green walls are just awesome. What a great place for creativity. Enjoy your holiday!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! It is a loft space and we turned it into our library. My hubby built the staircase/ladder that goes up there and the railing is antique hand-forged iron from Eastern Europe. It took me forever to find enough railing that would work. I just recently painted the walls this green, and I do love it! It was light yellow before...They sort of match the background and side design of my blog!!! I just noticed that. Thanks for reading and commenting, and I'll see you next year!

      Delete