Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sharing Some Judy Pimperl Artwork

Today I'm sharing some of my recent artwork...and by recent, I mean work that was completed within the last couple of years.  I painted a series of these, but I am only showing four of them here...Each one can stand alone, or they can be hung together as a set.  I actually had them hanging in my house for a year or so, until it was time to take things down to decorate for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I decided I was ready to part with some of them, so I'm listing them in my shop, JujuQueen.  To see more about them in detail, click here.

I LOVE birds, especially black ones, glitter, bright colors and mixing things up with all sorts of materials; these paintings have all of these elements.  When they were finished I poured a coat of epoxy resin over them for the high gloss finish.  (Which is great unless you're trying to get good photographs!  Please excuse the glare.) 

It has been said by some that they resemble individuals within my circle of local friends. Hmmm.  One of them actually resembles me, although it wasn't intentional...I don't think.  

They make a room happy...just look and you'll see what I mean.



Singing Her Very Own Song (link to shop listing here)








Mysterious Missy (link to shop listing here)







Miss Sparkly (link to shop listing here)






And, we will just call this next one...


The Hat (link to shop listing here)






I have to admit that I have a hat that is very similar...and orange hair...blue eyes...hmmm.

Did I subconsciously do a self-portrait?  What do you think?

Judy

Shared with:

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

2 comments:

  1. You're a wonderful artist, Judy!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Alice, and I appreciate your visit as well!
      I was very impressed with your blog and so it now appears on my blogroll of favorites. Can't wait to see and read your next post!

      Delete