Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Monday, November 3, 2014

A Biscuit Paddle and Some Special Candles

I shared with you a few posts back what I purchased at The Chapel Market.  Now, I'll show you how I'm using some of the pieces.  

Remember the biscuit paddle I bought from Linda at Coastal Charm?  Well, I can just imagine tons of ways to use this warm and rustic little piece.  Right now, it's on the table with a pumpkin and some rosemary sprigs as adornment.  I've scattered around some little ironstone butter pats that are holding orange colored tea light candles for a little more warmth and sparkle.  I think I'll leave it this way for Thanksgiving Day, as it's easy to get the table cluttered with too much of a good thing if you're not careful.  I like the simplicity of this little arrangement. It's easy to see across the table and it won't leave diners trying to find a spot to put down their tea glass!   








And, I also bought some little Christmas tree clip-on candle holders from Linda.  I must admit I was a little worried about whether or not I would be able to find candles to fit.  I was about to start searching online...


Then, I attended my favorite monthly estate sale in Mobile (Olde Mobile Antiques and Estate Sales) on Friday morning.  Look what I found!


Sometimes, things just come together, don't they?  And these are hand-rolled beeswax candles...not just any plain old candles.  I'm so excited and ready to decorate for Christmas now!  I know, I get excited over little things...Can't wait, Linda!



Incidentally, if you're admiring the gorgeous cutting board in the background, it was a gift to me a few years ago from my friend, Ed Lambert, when I co-owned an art gallery.  Ed makes the pretty boards and we were lucky enough to represent him and his work at the gallery. He lives in the Mobile area, and for those readers from the local area who watch your news on WKRG, you might remember seeing Ed from the newscasts around Christmas when they do The Great Toy Drive to collect new toys for children in need.  Ed always makes airplanes to donate, and they always feature him and his airplanes during the season.  He has amazing talent and a huge heart.  I LOVE my cutting board.  Thank you again, Ed.  I will enjoy it for many years to come.


Now, I'm working on Christmas decorations so that I'll be ready as soon as we clean up after our Thanksgiving meal!  I'll share some things soon.

Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

No comments:

Post a Comment