Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Vintage Christmas Ornaments- 2014 Christmas Decor

I went out shopping yesterday after my silversmithing class and ended up at one of my favorite antique malls- not really looking for anything in particular- just enjoying browsing around while waiting for the traffic to thin out some so that I could head back home.

Yes, just leisurely strolling around, and then I saw the vintage Christmas ornaments!  I have been somewhat enamored with vintage ornaments lately.  (See my Pinterest board "Old Fashioned Christmas" here.)  I stopped to take a closer look, and I realized that they would be perfect for my decor this year.  Since I recently painted my dining room chairs blue, I was looking for something that would work well with the new colors...I'm thinking these will work. And they have wonderful discoloration and tarnish!  Just beautiful.







I do something completely different each year, so as you can imagine, I have such a huge collection of ornaments now.  Thankfully, each year I'm able to pull bits and pieces from years past once I determine my "look" and colors.  I think this year the color scheme has been determined with these vintage ornaments.  With these blues and greens, I think I'll use white ironstone, old fashioned silver tinsel, various blue & silver glitters, and green moss. 

More about Christmas as I pull it all together...

I know, it's not even November, but I like to be prepared!

Judy 





2 comments:

  1. Hello Judy,
    Beautiful colors you have here...looks like your 2014 Christmas decor is going to stunning!!! Are you going to make it to The Chapel Market? Thought you might like to know that Marian (MMS) is having a mini paint workshop at 2:00...what a wonderful chance to see the pro paint and learn from her...I am for sure going to learn from her.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      I'm hoping to make it to the Chapel Market. I've been tracking what you and MMS are bringing and I really want to go. Our 28th wedding anniversary is actually that day, so I'm thinking I should be able to talk hubby into going with me...we'll see. And thanks for the reminder about the painting workshop- I didn't know what time it was. Hopefully, I'll see you there! If I don't make it, I hope you have a fantastic show. I sure hated to miss The City Farmhouse Show last weekend...maybe next year.
      Judy

      Delete