Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Magic of Southern Magnolias


I have always longed for a magnificent magnolia tree in my yard.  Several years ago, we acquired some acreage near our home, and on it are some of the trees that I had imagined in my mind.  They are now covered with these amazing blooms.  It's just up the road a couple of minutes, so it's almost in my yard.

My sweet hubby went over to the property to check on things a few days ago, and look what he brought back to me!  He knows how to make me smile...

So, I set about quickly getting them into some water, arranging them, and capturing the quickly fleeting beauty while I had the chance.  They are so fragile, so they have to be handled with care so that you don't get bruises or brown spots on the petals...and, they actually bloomed while I was taking pictures!  The entire "photo shoot" lasted maybe ten minutes.  Look at the difference in the blossoms from the beginning to the last photograph!  It was amazing to watch it happen...almost like magic.








Shared with:






No comments:

Post a Comment