Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Daybed Was Gone & Antique Shopping in Daphne, Alabama

Yesterday was a free day for me, without obligations, and those are few and far between, so I spent it doing one of my favorite things- antique shopping.  I had seen what I remembered to be a French daybed a few months ago in one of my favorite antique malls, Daphne Antique Galleria (link here).  I had looked at it again, a month or so ago....I think the price tag was $595. As the last few weeks have come and gone, I've been thinking more and more about that piece...So, I decided to go look at it once more and make the purchase if it was actually what I thought I remembered it was.  Well, if you are an antiques lover, you know how this story usually goes..You see it, and you like it.  You make the mistake of going home to think about it.  Yep, you know the rest of the story... when I went back, again, it was gone. Why would it not be gone?  It was a really good price.  I'm now kicking myself for not buying it the first (or second) time I looked at it. Oh well, I browsed around and enjoyed my visit anyway. I took some pics to tempt you... The Daphne Antique Galleria, located on Hwy. 98, in Daphne, Alabama.  Why not make it a destination? They have something for everyone.

































I hope you enjoyed your little trip through the antique mall!  If you see something on here that interests you, please give them a call at 251-625-2200.  Can't wait for my next trip back.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment