Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Rusty Bed Spring Room Divider at Daphne Antique Galleria

A few weeks back, I posted about rusty bed springs, and some creative ways to use them. (See that post here.)  My friend, Jo, and I had made a trade, and I ended up with the best end of the deal!  (I'm sure she and her chickens would disagree!)  Anyway, I'm so glad I haven't cut it up into bits and pieces yet, because I saw this great idea at the Daphne Antique Galleria when I was out there a couple of days ago.  I didn't share it in my post yesterday, because it is so wonderful, I wanted to do a post of it as the star!  Who would have thought to use the bed springs as a room divider?  If it's your booth, and you did this, please let me hear from you.  I love the idea...here it is.


So, I do realize that my look is a little eccentric for some, but my entire house is full of funky, quirky touches and I think I can get away with it, but only if hubby agrees...and, if I can find the right spot.  What do you think?

Judy

8 comments:

  1. Judy,
    This belongs to a friend of mine:)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! I would love to hear from your friend. Would you pass the word along and tell her I hope she doesn't mind me "stealing" her great idea!
      Thanks,
      Judy

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! I'm still trying to find out who the creative mind was that came up with it. Linda at Coastal Charm tells me it's a friend of hers...
      Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.
      Judy

      Delete
  3. It's certainly a little eccentric, but so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is both eccentric and unique!
      I went to the antique mall again yesterday, and it's no longer there...I have to wonder if someone purchased it to use in the same way in their home...
      Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment! Have a great hump day!
      Judy

      Delete
  4. OMGosh!!!! JUDY!!!! you won't believe this but that was MINE!!!! I guess we had not met yet???? I was searching for something today on Pinterest and there it was and then I saw Juju Queen's watermark on there. One thing it linked back to said it was one of the top 25 best booth ideas on Pinterest! I never could get it to link back to you, just to Google, so I searched your blog til I found it. Below is a link to the blog post I wrote about my booth. Isn't this a riot?! All these years later. Too funny! http://www.flower-child-designs.com/2014/01/new-booth.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny! I can't remember when we actually met, but I'm not surprised it's your fun creation! You know what's even more strange? When we were talking on the phone earlier today about this very post, my husband was outside in the yard taking a rusty bed spring apart for me so that I could sell the individual springs at a market this weekend. Things are getting weird, girlfriend.
      We'll get together next month for lunch! In the meantime...let me go read your post about those bed springs!

      Delete