Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Something's On My Mind & Original Ballerina Mixed-Media Art Benefit Auction

Well, I should be cleaning now, but I have something on my mind-  If you're like me, you understand- there's no "pushing it to the back burner" when it's something that you feel you were meant to do.  Let me elaborate-

Our North Baldwin Literacy Council has fallen on hard times financially, and I can't even imagine what it would be like to not have it.  It's not an agency that I have personally had to call on, but they do some pretty awesome things for folks in our community- they help them learn to read, or study for a GED test...and that affects us all, whether directly or indirectly. Can you even imagine trying to fill out a job application if you can't read?  When you think about it in these terms, this agency helps put people to work! It makes for a stronger community as a whole. This has been bothering me for a few months now, and I've been trying to come up with my way to help. 

For more information on our NBLC and the new director, Cheryl Clarke,  see Joanna Mosely Bailey's column in our local paper, The Baldwin Times.   (Apparently, it's hard to see my links...You just went by one!)

As some of you know, I was a gallery co-owner until a couple of years ago.  I have many pieces of artwork, just hanging around in my studio.  I enjoy the creative process, so much so that I just can't stop creating more...and more pieces.  I've decided to auction off a piece on Ebay and see what happens.  The proceeds will go to the North Baldwin Literacy Council. The link to the auction is here.  (You just went by the link!!  It's the word "here")  It will run for 7 days, so it will end on May 13, 2014.  I would be so happy if you would go place a bid.  Cheryl and the North Baldwin Literacy Council would appreciate it too!







It is an 8" x 10" mixed-media piece that would make some little girl real happy!  A Ballerina gliding across the stage, under lights...

Thanks for stopping by today- Hope you have a great one!

Judy

Shared with:

1 comment:

  1. That is a darling piece of work, and some lil girl would love it.........
    I love it, but have no place it would go in my home or no one I know I could
    give it too...........but know it already belongs to someone who it is perfect for,
    what a lovely idea............
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete