Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, May 22, 2014

"Portugal" and "P"- Part Two

I will just jump right in today with the remainder of what I started sharing yesterday.  If you missed that post, you can see it by clicking here.

The piece I will share today is the one I call "P"... During the design part of the process, I started with the brass button on top of the escutcheon...but then, I thought about putting it under the hole, and then embellishing the top of the hole with this other piece with sparkles.  I tried it and everything fit perfectly!  I love it when a plan comes together like that!  



Before I actually glued it all together, I needed to remove the shank from the back of the brass button.  I bent it back and forth a few times to weaken it, then I snipped it off with my jewelry snippers.


I then needed to smooth it over so that it doesn't snag clothing when worn, so I attached a little metal grinding bit to my Dremel tool and went to work.


Once, it was completely smooth, I glued it to the back of the escutcheon; when that was dry, I turned it over and glued the bling ring down to the top.

I knew I was going to add a crystal drop at the bottom, but I had three options...decisions...decisions...


I decided to go with the one at the left.  It is nice and heavy, and I just like it!


I used a pinch type bail to attach the crystal, which is just a recycled chandelier crystal.


I then topped it off with a golden colored silk ribbon.

At the top, I added two HUGE glass pearls from some deconstructed jewelry.  I just attached them with silver jewelry wire, using very simple jewelry making techniques.  I then attached a silver colored chain.  This piece has a variety of metal colors, just like the first one that I shared yesterday.




Well, that's it!

I hope this has inspired you to start looking for junk that you can turn into beautiful pieces of jewelry.  

I'm not sure what I will share about next post...stay tuned.

Judy


Shared with:

No comments:

Post a Comment