Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Home Sweet Home & Estate Sale Fun

Home, sweet home.  I'm back, and it feels so good to sleep in my own bed once again. The hospital room was very comfortable, more comfortable than most, so no complaining here, just thankful for home.

I was able to attend the Old Mobile Antiques Gallery monthly Estate Sale yesterday morning, and it was quite a treat...not just the sale, but the standing in line and visiting with my fellow estate sale friends.  I always enjoy hanging out with these folks in line.  Some of us arrive shortly after 5:00, but the time just flies on by when you're enjoying the company, and before you know it, it's 8:00 and they are opening the doors.  I especially enjoyed seeing my friends, Cindy and John, who made a long drive to attend the sale.  Cindy is shopkeeper over at Edith & Evelyn Vintage, a fabulous online shop with exquisite beauty and lots of "Frenchiness", and she blogs! Visit her here.

My house is stuffed...it's so full, there's no way to pack another large piece in, so I'm always searching for small things to use in my artwork or in the studio.  Sometimes I do find something that is small enough to use in the house.  Today, I found this very small rusty, rustic side table.  I don't know yet where it will go, but surely it will fit somewhere...


We're talking about authentic chipping paint...


...and rust here.


I'll share it again when it's been "loved" on.


...and, here are some other small treasures that came home with me.


More salt and pepper shakers that will hold glitter (see post about that here), another sewing machine drawer to use in the studio, and a great little Mermaid Theatre plate (Thank you Cindy and John!)...

...and more bits and pieces...


I always love it when I find paper weight blanks...and, I found two!  I have a niece named "Mary", so she is getting a vintage tag with her name on it.  Some game pieces that I will use in my mixed-media work, and these really cool wood pieces with holes- I have no idea what they are- I just thought they were neat.  I also found a vintage desk tray that I will use in the studio for organizing something.

...and then there are these really old English transferware pieces...they are totally NOT my style, but I thought they were gorgeous...almost enough to make me change my style!  I will list them in my Etsy shop, JujuQueen.




It was a fun day.☺  I'm looking forward to the next time.

Judy

4 comments:

  1. Love your treasures that you found! It was wonderful seeing you and finally getting to visit again! Hopefully we will see you next month!
    Cindy
    Edith & Evelyn Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it so much Cindy, that I'm going to try to get back into the routine of going...you think Justin will be okay with the getting up at 4:00 thing? I guess we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, that teacup in the last photo is gorgeous. what a nice post about going on a date with your hubby (love that) and did you say you were in the hospital? hope you are doing well
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to leave the sweet comment! That pretty cup will be listed soon in my Etsy shop, and I'm glad you enjoyed the post about our "date"...I guess my hubby's a keeper!, and I was just sitting at the hospital with my little nephew who lives with me. He has cystic fibrosis, and had to spend a couple of weeks in the hospital. He is due to be released today, so I'm looking forward to him coming back home! It's been real quiet around here...

      Delete