Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cutting Gardenias & Styling for a Photo Shoot

Early morning is supposed to be the best time to cut flowers, so they say, before the heat of the day sets in...So, this morning, after a couple of cups of coffee, I went out to cut some flowers to enjoy inside for a day or two.  The gardenias are finally blooming- and they smell heavenly.  I always love to have them inside, so that I get a whiff of perfume whenever I get around them.  I believe they are my all time favorite, in the scent department, that is.  They aren't the most beautiful flowers to be found, but the scent can't be beat.  So, I cut gardenias, along with some other stems for a little color...then, I set about playing with the camera.  I hope you enjoy the pictures, and just try to imagine the beautiful scent...














...and, when I visited Crenshaw Farms on Sunday (click here if you missed it), I brought back with me a beautiful, ruffly, orange daylily.  I think I'll keep it inside for a few days, then I'll plant it outside.  Here it is, showing off in a vintage crock.






I also picked up this wonderful glass container at Crenshaw Farms, in the antiques shop.  I fell in love with the mirror-like gold and silver Arabesque design around the piece...  Here it is, holding an herb that I had growing in the kitchen window.


...and some more shots from this morning.










I've had an enjoyable day so far...I hope your day is off to a sweet start, too.

Judy

Shared with:

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers and your pictures are amazing! Love the sweet scent of the gardenia.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, thank you for taking the time to drop in and leave that sweet comment. I'm still enjoying that sweet scent- day number two. Wish I could figure out a way to preserve them, but I guess this is God's way of making us look forward to them each year.
      Judy

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To this day I can still remember fragrance of gardenias. A boyfriend from high school days had them growing in his yard. His Mom and mine were friends, worked together, so we socialized with them alot. I loved to go out in their back yard at night in summer especially, very intoxicating fragrance.
    All your photos are so pretty, the glass container you bought is unusual, love how it looks with herb in it. The pitcher is incredible, love pitchers. I found you thru Silver pennies Sundays link party. Happy days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing, the way a fragrance can be part of a special moment in time that we remember forever? I'm so glad you shared your memory with me...
      Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a sweet comment.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos - I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete