Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Saturday, April 5, 2014

What is it? Estate Sale Find

Today, I'm sharing a thing that I picked up from the estate sale yesterday.  I'm calling it a thing, because I don't know what it was.  At first, I was thinking desk accessory for holding mail, but I don't understand the three holes in the base...was it meant to be screwed down to something? You don't usually screw down desk accessories.  I'm totally stumped because of those three holes.  Do you know what it was?  Please give me a clue if you do...I know it could be used for many different things, but I would like to know what it was originally. 

At the very least, it needs to be cleaned.  The glass part was really dirty...I'm thinking I'll paint it too.  This is what it looked like when I brought it home.


Then when I took it apart...


I cleaned the glass part in OxyClean, and decided to paint the metal parts blue, the same blue I've used before with my redecorating scheme.  Here it is all cleaned up and given the new coat of paint.


Now, what to do with it...

Is it going to be a mail holder?


Or a napkin holder?



Or, a sponge holder at the kitchen sink...it would be great for this because the air could circulate around and through it and it would dry faster...


I guess it could be used for many things, but I think for now, it will hold napkins.  

Thank you for spending a few minutes with me today.  I've enjoyed having you...my readers mean a lot to me.  It gives me a reason to blab on!  If you would like to follow all of my posts, you can subscribe by entering your email address in the appropriate area to the top right, or at the very bottom of this page.

Judy






4 comments:

  1. Whatever that thing is - I like it blue much better! And I vote napkin or mail holder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! Thank you for the comment- and for weighing in with a vote! I always wonder if I should paint something or not, but the gold just doesn't go with my style, so blue it became! I'm happy to find that someone else agrees!

      Delete
  2. I would love to know what this is. Very unique and love how you painted it blue and a napking holder sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from blog loving friends! I still don't know what this is either...I'm hoping someone will see it and tell me. Stay tuned...
      Judy

      Delete