Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pink Luscious Blooms- What are They?

For years now, every spring we look forward to this wild native beauty (?) in the edge of our swamp in Baldwin County, Alabama.  We have not been able to identify the bush/tree, but the flowers have the sweetest perfume and are a gorgeous white with pink details.  They are blooming now, and will last only a few days.  It comes from what is probably classified as a bush, although to me it looks like a small tree.  The flowers are in clusters on each woody stem, and each cluster measures about five inches across.  Does anyone out there know what it is?




Thanks for your help!

Judy

Updated 4/13/14, evening.

I received help via Facebook with folks telling me it was honeysuckle.  I thought that honeysuckle grew on a vine, and never expected that it could grow in the form of a bush-  I researched just that, after people gave me the clue, and this is what I found:

Thanks everyone for helping me solve the mystery of the beautiful Wild Honesuckle that is related to the azalea!



2 comments:

  1. My mom always called them wild azaleas or honeysuckle. Very pretty. I have never had any luck trying to move them to my yard, they love wet areas and the forest. You have such a beautiful arrangement of them.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info on the pink flowers. Several people have told me the same thing about attempting to move them...that it generally doesn't work. My sweet husband cut and brought them inside for me this year, and I sure have enjoyed them! I appreciate the comment and you following along.
      Judy

      Delete