Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lots of Water Falling From The Clouds...Now Where's My Tail?

Mermaids are running around in my mind today...everywhere.  It started yesterday when I went out for a cup of coffee....When I returned, I saw Justin had been given some meds.  I asked him who came in.  He told me it was his new nurse, "Serena."  I asked him if she was wearing a tail. He told me, "No, she left it at the water."....For those of you who don't speak Spanish, "serena" is "mermaid" -  It turns out that her name was actually Savannah, but it got us to thinking about mermaids anyway...

And then, shortly after Savannah came by, this came across my facebook timeline.


Go check out https://www.facebook.com/FinfolkProductions?fref=photo  They make these fantastic, magical tails and they would love for you to "like" them on facebook!

Then, there's the weather...Lots of water falling from the clouds today, and tomorrow...and the next day. Here's the advisory that was posted online today for our part of Alabama.


...and from the 10th floor of Benjamin Russell Hospital for Children, this is what it looks like...



I have always loved mermaids, and as a matter of fact, I started writing a book a couple of years ago where the main characters are mermaids...maybe this is a sign that I should finish the book.  I have also painted many mermaids...here are some of the more whimsical ones.






...and to see my Serena Bedroom, click here.  

Anyway, we are due to head back down to Baldwin County tomorrow, and I'm wondering...now where is my tail?  I feel like I'm going to need it.


Judy

Shared with:

3 comments:

  1. We might need tail here soon too! Its been raining for days...but at least it's not snowing...yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...I don't think I could deal with snow at this point in the year! It has been a loong winter for most of America. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Wow, your mermaid paintings are great! Hope the weather gets better...
    Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete