Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Chicken Pen for a Rusty Bed Spring

Both pieces are probably considered junk to most people- But, let me tell you, my friend Jo and I are so excited about our trade.  My poor hubby thought he was getting rid of the chicken pen, but he wasn't aware of the fact that we were gaining the rusty bed spring...you should have heard the grumbling when he caught sight of it on her trailer when she drove up to make our trade.  As usual, he's over it now, and he's going to be amazed at what wonderful things can be done with these rusty little springy coils!  And, Jo has some happy little critters now with a new home.

Brainstorming now---what do I want to do with them?  I can actually do many things!  That's a lot of springs! 

As I write this, I am still at the hospital sitting with Justin.  So, I will search Pinterest for inspiration...come along with me.



The Crafty Blog Stalker is sharing 15 DIY ideas for rusty bed springs!  Check them out here.


I love the vintagy, raggedy feel of these, and that pale pink, with the rhinestones in the center of the flower.  
I'm trying to locate the original pinner of this pic so that I can give credit, but I'm having a hard time with that...it was found on www.livingwikii.com.

                                        B »Cushion Cushion | Cushion Cushion

Check out what Jean over at the Backyard Bungalow did!  I love her creative ideas.  I'm showing just one pic below.  Go see the others!

                

Jean just messaged me and gave me this link to another wonderful rusty springy creation! Thank you Jean!     http://thebackyardbungalow.com/?p=2121


Look at this wine rack- Darren Shaw posted this on Pinterest.

                                         

Chipping With Charm posted this one.  I love the printed paper on the candles!  A pretty idea...

                  Rusty Bed Spring Candleholder

I'm feeling really inspired to get home and tear into the bed springs!!!  If you have any bed spring projects that you've completed, I would love to have you share pics with me.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Judy

7 comments:

  1. You might want to check this one out, too: http://thebackyardbungalow.com/?p=2121

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean! I will go check it out now-

      Delete
    2. I love it! So, I went back and edited to add that page too!

      Delete
  2. Have fun with your springs!! So many great ideas for them. Thanks for including mine :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel! I know it's going to be a lot of fun, and I love your blog...glad I found you.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
    I love the ideas you are sharing for these old springs! I find them often while treasure hunting and am always looking for new ways to use them!

    ReplyDelete