Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Spring is right around the corner...

It's March 4th and still cold enough to build a fire this morning...and keep it going all day.


I must admit that I really enjoy sitting by the fire with a cup of coffee, and just watching it, and although I am SO looking forward to spring, I will miss the fires.  The warmth is so cozy, and we are fortunate to have the fireplace/wood-stove on many different levels...Not only does it help make our home comfortable and pleasant, it has really helped our pocketbook this winter. Some family and friends had power bills that were twice the amount of ours the last couple of months.  The downside is that it's now time to get out and cut more firewood for next year!  My husband and I have always done our own cutting and splitting the firewood...so, we need to hurry, before the "sap rises"...That would mean we've waited too long.  It also indicates that spring has sprung, and I know that spring is right around the corner...So, we need to hurry! After we finish the firewood, I will come inside and dust.. (another downside to the fireplace)...dust is everywhere.

I'm thinking about Easter now and so it's time to bring out a few pretty things to brighten up our look.  


The little white chicks were a gift from my sister, Becky, years ago.  I'll bet she's forgotten about them.  I get them out every year around this time and it's like they're new all over again...This year they are perched on a silver platter with a vintage little creamer pitcher and some floral color.


A bunny with a basket and bell...Another favorite piece that I've had for years.


And, this is another fun piece that I have for spring.  It's covered in glitter, and I LOVE glitter.  

I decided to play around with my Photoshop software on the photo above...I deleted the background and put the text at the top.  It sort of looks like a vintage card, doesn't it?  Fun!

Time to start thinking about dinner...enjoy your evening, and thanks for spending a few minutes with me.

Judy





1 comment: