Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Playing Around with Birds and their Nests for Spring Decorating

It's been pouring down rain here near the Gulf Coast today, so it was an inside play day.  I've been wanting to get out my little birds and their nests for a while now, so that's what I did.   I also pulled out a collection of  some of my favorite things to go along with them-  glass cloches, wooden elements, burlap runner, glass door knobs, Scrabble tiles, silver plated pieces, and some greenery. The bird elements include paintings, a fragment from an old German cuckoo clock, natural bird nests, eggs, and feathers that we picked up during walks outdoors.  Of course, we always have oranges in the kitchen, and I like to keep them out...they look pretty with my new color scheme.  I hope you enjoy browsing my pictures of my playtime today...and, I've had so much fun, I'm thinking about continuing my bird play tomorrow!  

Just a Banner of Random Elements Used...

  
Table Set for Entertaining


I was just playing around with the oranges, but
wouldn't this be a great way to serve
an orange at breakfast?
Carved Bird from Cuckoo Clock on Silver Platter


Arrangement on Silver Platter that includes Natural Bird Nest
set inside man-made one, for added stability
                               


Random Items in Arrangement


Another Natural Bird Nest in Glass Cloche...
with Scrabble Tiles Spelling B-I-R-D

Details...


Original Mixed-Media Painting by Michelle Foreman Leech of Fairhope


Original Mixed-Media Painting by Yours Truly, Judy


Glass Door Knobs


Door Knob Detail


Shared with:











17 comments:

  1. Judy,
    Happy to have you at the party this week. Luv that darling little nest and spelling out NEST with the scrabble tiles was super COOL!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda!
    I think I finally figured out the "linky" thing! I appreciate your help.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,
    Your blog post title caught my eye at Common Ground today!
    I am quite smitten with your bird nest under the cloche with scabble tiles,
    what a creative design, dear one!
    The Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage leaf bowl filled with crystal knobs
    is anothe clever design element.
    I adore the silver trayscape on your coffee table!
    Thank you for joining the party, I have come away truly inspired!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Pat,
      Let me try this again...for some reason, my comments are delayed in publishing, and I think I've published three replies...

      Just wanted to thank you for your kind words...they are much appreciated.

      I am new to the blogging world, and I am having so much fun, especially "visiting" with others at the parties.

      All the best,
      Judy

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love! I have a nest with the letters NEST glued to it. I love it just like yours. :) Glad to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Stacey! I'm so glad you found me as well, happy to have you follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, I love the items you used in this vignette….the knobs….they are so pretty! Thanks for linking up to Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I really enjoyed visiting and sharing with Best of the Nest, and I hope to come back next month too! I just realized that I thought I had linked Best of the Nest before when I shared, but I must have forgotten to hit the "update" button...I've fixed that now, so folks can be linked back to your party. Thanks for your kind comment about my vignette.

      Delete
  8. I totally love all your birdie things, Judy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you Michele! I appreciate you dropping in and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  9. How fun! Isn't it fun to look at something in a new way - like the ice cream dishes with oranges?? Great ideas. I recently fell in love with nests too. You can see it here: http://balmtomysoul.com/2014/04/nesting/
    It is a wonderful reminder to me of spring and creating!!
    Thanks for a fun visit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, you left this very sweet comment back in April, and I just found it. I am so sorry I didn't respond more quickly. Thank you for dropping by! Bird nests are so much fun to use in decor, and I just found a recently used one, another to add to my collection. I am now going to check out your blog post that you mentioned. Thanks again!
      judypimperl.blogspot.com

      Delete
  10. Love your birds and the cloche is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love to share and party with you at Amaze Me Monday! Thanks for the comment!
      Judy

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete