Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Painting and Moving Things Around

Yesterday was another cold, windy winter day here in south Alabama, so I decided to tackle some of my small indoor projects.  Remember the black wicker table from my post "Editing"?  Well, it was one of the things that needed to change...so I got out my little sample bottle of paint that I had purchased just for this project. I used CeCe Caldwell's Chalk Paint in Santa Fe Turquoise, and I applied the paint with a natural bristle art brush to get into the cracks and crevices of the wicker.  I wanted to leave the top as it was...just stained.  I think the wood stain and the paint color look fabulous together, and it works with my color story for the room. See Snow and Story Boards.



Wicker Table "Before"

Wicker Table "During"

Wicker Table "After"

I must say I am pleased with the final result!   I have not yet decided where it will live in the space, but I will share the story in photographs when it's all pulled together...stay tuned.



Playing....

I've been playing around with vignettes today on a green side table...thought I would share a few of the possibilities!  As you will notice if you follow along with me, I love cloches!  See my Pinterest board on the subject here:  http://www.pinterest.com/queenjuju/the-cloche/  ...and the blue antique column fragment is for sale, listed in the shop here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/150659226/sale-vintage-chippy-paint-blue?





Look at the beautiful remnants of chippy blue paint!

Well, that's all I have to share for today... thanks for stopping by and as always, I hope you see something that inspires you or makes you smile.

Judy





No comments:

Post a Comment