Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Jewelry Made From Found Objects

Today I am sharing some of the jewelry I've created from trash, vintage fragments, buttons, discarded paper, and other things...things I call "found objects".  I love unusual jewelry, and it's pretty neat to know when you finish a piece, that another like it doesn't exist.  I hope after seeing these unique pieces, you will be inspired to dig through your garbage before throwing it out!  Just kidding....well, sort of.  It will make you look at things in a different way though, guaranteed.

  
Hair Pin - Vintage Carved Mother of Pearl & Tiny Pink
Buttons Topped with Rhinestone

Available in my shop, JujuQueen.
 
Hair Pin-Vintage Buttons Stacked,Topped with Rhinestone
If you are interested in purchasing this piece, please e-mail me.
SOLD
  
Ring Made from Victorian Era Black Flower Button
Available in the shop, JujuQueen.
Sewing Spool, Vintage Button, Old
Sheet Music and Bead
Available in the shop, JujuQueen.
 

Necklace Made from Old Wooden Thread Spool and
Vintage Sheet Music, Embellished with Red Glass
Bead and Rhinestone Piece

Available at JujuQueen.
Necklace Created from Vintage Brass Door
Knob Escutcheon, Mother of Pearl Button
and Chandelier Crystal

Necklace Made from Vintage Pocket Watch
Case, Shells, Fabric, Pearls and a Silk Ribbon
Front
Back

Morgan Creek Vineyards Wine Bottle Cork
 Glass Bead, Vintage Buttons and a Locket

Available in Etsy shop, JujuQueen.
Vintage Postage Stamp Advertising War Bonds
Soldered Between Glass Slides and
Embellished with Vintage Tiny Brooch
Front

Available in the shop, JujuQueen.
(This is one of my favorite pieces!)
Romantic French Postage Stamp,
Postmarked "Paris

Listed in the shop, JujuQueen.
Necklace Created with Recycled Jar Lid,
Found Piece of Round Glass with
Decorative Metal Edging (that perfectly fit the lid),
Vintage Frozen Charlotte Doll, and Various
Other Embellishments

Available at JujuQueen.


I will be taking the weekend off to spend with the family (I set this to post Saturday, didn't actually do it on Saturday!)...it's supposed to be a beautiful day!  I will be back on Monday with something special.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Judy

Shared with:  



No comments:

Post a Comment