Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Friday, January 31, 2014

Never Enough Time in the Day...

Well, friends, today has come and gone, and I have not finished what I had intended to do today.  Some days are like that...I have learned to just roll with it.  I did get to sew a little, but it does tend to slow down a project when you are trying to document every step with a camera...and then, there is the editing.  It's all fun, just takes more time than I had imagined...So, since I do not have pics of my appliance cover sewing project to show you yet, I decided to post some more pictures of other pieces of furniture that will stay in the newly redecorated space.  Stay tuned!  I will try to post pics of the sewing project tomorrow.

This is one of my most treasured pieces!  The church pew was built by my great-grandfather in Shelby County, Alabama when my mother was young.  I have been trying to research exactly when it was built, but the people who knew the details are now gone.  My mother told me that the pews were in the church on the day of the very first service, and she could remember it because it was on her nineteenth birthday.  There is a question about whether or not this was the first church to use them.  Some say that they thought they had been originally built for a neighboring church, who then passed them on to our church, but memories are fuzzy.  Mama was born in 1937, so what we do know for sure is that they were in Simmsville Bible Chapel in 1956...I guess they are not quite old enough to be "antiques", so we'll go with "vintage", and "well loved"!  We use ours for spectator seating alongside our pool table.

Rustic church pew with a touch of sparkle!


And, here is a pretty little blue side table that I spray painted.  It has been moved all over the house for years.  It started out as a stained wood, then it was black, and now it's blue.  I'm sure it will move around several more times before it finds it's perfect place in the living room. 

 

Tropical Oasis



I am floating another idea around in my head...thinking it's totally outrageous, but it wouldn't be the first time!  I have a crystal chandelier that I'm thinking about painting this same blue!!!  It's black now...Before I totally scare people to death, I should tell you that it was a thrift store find.  One of those wonderful lucky finds that I just happened to score...It was that brassy gold color (that I do not care for at all), and I painted it black...  So, I'm thinking it needs to change, and change in a big way...

I need to go get more spray paint!  




No comments:

Post a Comment