Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Feathering My Nest

While thinking and dreaming of the new color scheme that I'm pulling together in my living space, I remembered some small orange tumblers (depression glass) that my sister-in-law, Marsha, had for sale at an event last year...I don't remember them actually going home with anyone, so I asked her about them while we were visiting a couple of weeks ago.  She still had them, and she could put her hands on them then and there!  We did a little trading, as she remembered a piece of art that I had that she liked.  They went home with me the next day and they are perfect for my new look!  She had four...that just meant that I needed to go on a mission to find more.  I found them on Etsy.  Six more, so now I have ten.  They will be perfect for mimosas or homemade orange sherbet.  Here's a sneak peak.  I can hardly wait to take pictures when I pull the entire look together!


Notice the little pop of turquoise that has also shown up!  I will only use colors that appear in the fabric swatches that I shared in yesterday's post, That Orange Rug.

2 comments:

  1. Love those sweet little tumblers! Are they they carnival glass? I remember my grandmother having a lot of carnival glass and there is so many different colors that come out depending on the light. They are beautiful!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! Yes, they are carnival glass. The pattern is called "crackle", and as it turns out, they are sort of hard to come by. I do love the colors that come out when the sun shines in from the dining room window by the white cabinet.
    I miss seeing you and John at the sale when you come through. I've missed five months now....
    Can't wait to see what you are up to this year with your shop...I'm watching!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete