Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Monday, January 27, 2014

Editing Accessories

As I sit here and write, it is raining....and snow is in the forecast!  (Stay tuned for that!)  What a perfect day to do inside things.  I plan to start editing my decorative items that are scattered about the living/dining/kitchen area on tables, walls, etc.  I will keep what looks nice with my new color scheme and put away the others...after all, I will probably be changing things again in a few months!  Some pieces I purchased around the holidays, because I sort of knew what direction the color scheme was going as dictated by "That Orange Rug" .  These things will certainly stay.  One such piece is a painting by Suzan Buckner, a very popular artist from Alabama.  I love to support home state artists whenever possible, and it was easy in this case because I absolutely LOVE Suzan's work!  And, this piece is totally ME!  


"Birdhouse" by Suzan Buckner

To view more of Suzan's portfolio and available works for sale, click here http://suzanbuckner.com/collections/14007 




As a side note, I just received notification that one of my favorite publications is due to hit the shelves any day now!  Does anyone else notice the colors on the cover?  Hmmm.


Okay...Time to get to work.  I will be posting pictures tomorrow showing how my editing went.
Everyone have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your editing Judy! Can't wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindy! It's so hard to put away things that I love...you know what I'm talking about. It does feel good to have a new fresh look though! Can't wait to get the chair finished and pull it all together.

    ReplyDelete